click here for Patients' Forum Constitution 2012
What we do……
- The group has existed in Gnosall since the late 1990’s
- Patients’ Forum meets once a month on the 4th Wednesday of the month apart from August and December.
- It is held in the evening at 7.00pm finishing at 8.30pm
- All meetings held on these days are open to anyone who is patient of the surgery – no need to contact anyone you can just turn up on the evening of the meeting and join in.
- From time to time extra meetings are held to discuss a particular topic, these usually involve a smaller working group, e.g. producing a newsletter
- The forum liases with the surgery on patient issues that is to say it acts as an interface between the patient population and the practice
- Its aim is to support high standards in primary health care and provides feedback on local and national policy from a patient perspective
- The group aims to improve communication between the practice and patients
- It does not handle individual complaints about the surgery, though it will inform a patient how to do so. It will respond to broader issues involving patients, such as waiting lists, patient confidentiality and hospital care
- If there is an issue involving patients that is affecting patients such as telephone access then it will pass on that information to the surgery
- It is independent organisation with its own committee and constitution
- It does not fundraise for the surgery
- Resources are sought from a variety of sources e.g. local parish councils
- Speakers are invited to attend meetings, such as PCT representatives
- The forum aims to keep patients informed about all aspects of health care
- From time to time it holds its own survey to find out what patients are looking for
- The forum has worked with Staffordshire University as a focus group for research into health related topics
Minutes to previous meetings can be viewed via the 'Patients' Forum Minutes' tab above.
If you are unable to attend the meetings then please use the 'Contact Us' tab above to share any feedback or suggestions you may have.