- Ante natal clinic
- Diabetic clinic
- Respiratory clinic
- Cardiovascular Assessment
- Minor Surgery
- Travel Health Clinic
- Memory clinic
- Direct access to physiotherapy assessment
- Psychiatry (Outreach clinic)
Many of you may not be aware that we have a automatic blood pressure (BP) machine in the surgery for patients to self monitor their BP free of charge. Monitoring your blood pressure on a regular basis has many benefits for you and also helps your GP to manage your conditions better. The machine is located next to the pharmacy and outside the health promotion room.
The nurse or doctor may recommend that you self monitor your blood pressure over a week at home, you will be loaned a BP machine from the surgery for this purpose.
The benefits of self monitoring;
- Encourage improved control by monitoring your BP on a regular basis you will be in a better position to act upon any changes that may occur.
- Help track your treatment. See the progress of new medications for yourself, remember to feedback your results to your GP.
- Help make an early diagnosis of high blood pressure. Some of us do not realise we have high blood pressure until it's too late. Taking a bit of time to check your BP could help identify a problem so that you get the appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
- Check if your blood pressure is different outside the doctor's office. We all know that seeing the GP can add a little stress so comparing results in and out of the consultation room will give you a better idea of your blood pressure reading.
If you do have your BP tested then please pass the result on to your GP. There is a box by the BP machine for depositing your result. Keeping your doctor informed will help them make the appropriate care choices for you.
The Gnosall Primary Care Memory Clinic has been operating since 2006 and adds the skills of a specialist old age psychiatrist to the extensive skills and knowledge available in primary care. Key to the organisation and function of the clinic is the eldercare facilitator, a new role situated in primary care who links with the specialist and a wide range of other agencies and people to support the person with a memory problem.
This award winning service is reviewed in many research papers and articles:
Our Practice Nurses are available by appointment for the following:
- Cervical smear tests, wound dressing, removal of sutures, routine injections and travel immunisation.
- Asthma; diabetes, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); hypertension; coronary heart disease risk assessment and monitoring; family planning advice, weight management, smoking cessation & childhood immunisation
Our Healthcare Assistants provide the following:
- Blood tests, Blood Pressure monitoring, Electrocardiograms (ECG), dressings and basic health checks as well as providing support for the practice nurses and doctors as required.
- Administer pneumococcal injections and also offers support with smoking cessation and weight management.
Annual health Check For Patients Aged 75 and Over
If you are aged 75 and over you are entitled to annual heallth check, please contact the surgery on the main line to arrange if you would like to have one.
At Gnosall Surgery patients have direct access to on site physiotherapy for assessment of acute muscle and joint problems. In addition we have on site appointments for treatment and assessment which require a GP referral.
We are pleased to have an urgent care practitioner (UCP) with us Monday to Friday. They are all fully trained health care practitioners with diagnostic and treatment skills. All UCPs are fully supervised by the oncall doctor. They can respond to minor illness and minor injuires as well as undertaking home visits.
Our practice nurses offer a comprehensive travel advice and vaccination service for travelling abroad.
Some travel vaccinations are not available on the NHS but can be provided. Charges are available from reception.
Gnosall Surgery is pleased to offer appointments with a 'wellbeing worker' These practitioners can support people experiencing any of the following: Stress, Anxiety, Low mood, Sleep hygiene, Bereavement, Social isolation, Financial worries, Relationship issues.
If you think this support would be helpful, please ask a Receptionist who will be happy to make you an appointment with the Wellbeing Worker, based here at the Practice
Gnosall surgery welcomes young people. Please see Services for Young People.